Sunday, April 22, 2012

Carlsbad Art Splash (2009)

In the Fall on 2009 I was invited to bring my advanced art class to participate in the Carlsbad Art Splash  for the second year in a row. (Click here to see 2008 mural).  This weekend art festival features professional artists creating artwork live for the public. Sidewalk murals are the highlight of the Carlsbad Art Splash and my art class was privileged to create one along with all the professional artists.

The week prior to Art Splash my advanced art class planned their design and practiced drawing it on the sidewalk at our school. I had students sign up for 3 hour shifts the weekend of the festival and they all worked together to complete the 8x8 ft. mural. The students did an amazing job on the mural and it was definitely a favorite of the young kids at the festival.












**As with any art project I post please email me if you have questions about materials used, processes, or if you would like lesson plans. splattersandsmudges@gmail.com You can also ask questions in the comment section below each post.**

No comments:

Post a Comment