Thursday, March 7, 2013

Early Finisher: Art Collage

I began teaching at a new school this year and realized that my classroom door needed to be labeled as the Art Room.  As kids finished their art projects I had the early finishers help collage the word ART for me. I wanted it to transition through the color wheel so I had the kids tear pages out of magazines based upon the colors of the rainbow. On watercolor paper I drew the letters A-R-T and had students that finished early cut the colored magazine pages into pieces to fill in the letters. They used rubber cement to glue the magazines and I laminated the letters so they would be more durable. I love how the collages turned out and now my room is clearly labeled as ART. Can anyone tell me how to rotate a picture when it gets uploaded?

No comments:

Post a Comment