Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Abstract Sculptures

My 7th Graders learned about Aboriginal Art and how the Aboriginees used dots to create their paintings. Students were given a wood block, 2 feet of wire, and nylon to create their abstract sculptures. I pre drilled 2 holes in each wood block for the wire to be placed into. Students twisted the wire to their desired form and then used hot glue to hold the wire in place.

 
Students then stretched a piece of nylon (it was a knee high pantyhose) over the wire and hot glued the opening on the bottom of the wood block. They then painted a layer of gesso to prime the surface and make the nylon more stiff.

 
 
Students then painted the surface in the style of Aboriginal Art focusing on patterns, movements, and variety in the size of dots. I provided them 6 different sized wooden dowels to dot with. I originally saw this project idea on pinterest.
 





 
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such an amazing blog. I really learned a lot and enjoyed reading it. Recently, I was looking for some SCULPTURES AND FIGURINES,shopping and luckily I go through an online store named Lavish home decor. They providing the best SCULPTURES AND FIGURINES at an affordable charge. I had a brilliant experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this amazing blog. For similar kind of Home Decor Items, please visit Storeone.pk, They provide the best quality products at reasonable rates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, for such an amazing blog. I enjoyed every single part of it. Recently, I saw a BPO Services Provider website named as Tribe-d.com. They are providing an amazing BPO services platform.Go, must check it out.

    ReplyDelete